At a very young age it became clear that Laurent was passionate about racing. It were his grandparents who first introduced him to motorsport by installing a F1 game on the computer (Acolade Grand Prix Circuit). It is that passion that ultimately led to the concept of Road 2 Formula.
After completing his studies (PhD in engineering), Laurent started working for the former Sauber Motorsport (now the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team). Here he was responsible for the development of an application for calculating / designing the suspension. It concerned a theoretical multibody model where both the movements and the forces in the system are calculated. During this period, a lot of learning was done in the field of programming, making it possible to translate complex systems into a functional application. He will use this experience in guiding talents who follow the Road 2 Formula program.
Besides a very theoretical background, Laurent also has a lot of practical experience as a professional sim racer in the GPVWC Superleague championship. This is one of the biggest single-seater competitions on the rFactor2 platform. This allows him to make the link between theoretical concepts and the effect / feeling on track. It is important not to get lost in graphs and numbers.
- Former F1 engineer at Alfa Romeo Sauber F1
- Specialized engineer in simulations for the automotive industry
- PhD in engineering sciences (VUB and University Antwerp)
- Professional simracer at the highest level (rFactor2 platform, gpvwc-simracing.com)
- Technical director at Edge Esports (biggest Belgian simracing team on the rFactor2 platform)